Since 2008, I have had breakfast in bed made for me on Mothers Day. A couple of times I've had to come home from early church and get back in bed for lunch in bed, but today it was breakfast, and it was good. I looked back on my blog to the first time my kids did this for me and I laughed so hard. In 2008, I was eating cheerios with sprinkles, carrots and ranch dressing, chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding. They've learned a few things since then and this morning I got a bowl of strawberries, a cup of orange juice and an egg and sausage bagel sandwich.
Since it was Mothers Day, they weren't allowed to say no or throw a fit when I asked them for a picture. Yes, this picture is posed, and yes, they "look" like 3 beautiful children who get along and love eachother. Well, so much for not throwing a fit when I ask for pictures on Mothers Day, because this one little photo brought on huge fit! Owen didn't want to swim and he got wet, Davis wanted to jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler not swim in the pool. They were up late Friday and Saturday and just need their sleep, but I got a picture, Owen got out of the pool, Davis jumped on the trampoline and we were all happy.
Gator enjoyed the pool though. It was warm today, but I still don't think it was warm enough to be swimming in a kiddie pool. But Gator would be out there in the middle of winter swimming away in her pool.
Back to smiling and happy kids, thankfully. We spent some time in the shade playing card games.
Remember playing Old Maid and when you had the Old Maid card in your hand, you'd carefully place it higher than the rest hoping someone would pick that one, well, I tried it and it didn't work. I lost.
Drying off and warming up in the sun!I am not much of a griller myself. I'm just scared I will burn my house down trying to get our grill lit. So we didn't cook outside, but we enjoyed a nice dinner outside on this beautiful Sunday. It was a perfect Mothers Day, just spent relaxing outside with my 3 favorite people.
1 comment:
I love all your Mother's Day pictures you got! So fun!
Post a Comment