We just got back from Toquerville this evening. What a fun time we always have when we go down South. This is a huge post with picture overload, but I took over 200 so I did really good narrowing it down to just over 30.
We had a couple ladder golf "tournaments" while we were down. Like with any sport the boys were so dang competitive, good thing they had me in the mix to lighten the mood. I am not competitive, nor am I a good athlete so I can usually get them to relax at my expense. It's okay, I am tough and can handle them laughing at me and my skill level in any sport.
We followed Dad and Dianne into St. George Wednesday. They spend the day in the temple all day, and we haven't ever walked around the St. George Temple. It was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't believe how white it was next to the blue sky and beautiful green gardens.
With dad and Dianne in the temple all day, I had to be tour guide. I think I did pretty good, because we had the whole lake to ourselves. It was another 100 degree day in Toquerville, but that is okay when there is a beautiful place like Quail Lake to go cool down in. The water was amazingly clear, and we could see all the way to the bottom. As far as we went out, the bottom was still visible. I enjoyed a nice nap on my float, the kids were playing close by and I was laying there and the waves and peacefulness just got the best of me and I was gone. I got a little burned, but I think I could've just laid there all day, it was fabulous! I love the picture of Davis on the float with his scuba mask on. It is getting used well, laying on the float. Although he did find a fishing pole at the bottom of the lake with that scuba mask, too bad it didn't have a reel on it though. Silly kid. This is basically my dads backyard. What a backyard!! He has spent so many mornings out exploring the desert, he is a pro and can lead us anywhere to a beautiful spot to play. We got a bit of a late start on this hike and the sun was out beating right down on us, but I am so proud of the kids they were in front of me setting a quick pace for me to keep up with. Davis had a pretty close encounter with a rattle snake....SCAREY, but it is one of those stories that will grow each time he tells it. That is okay though Davis, tell that story, it is all yours to tell!! When we got back to the garage, we dumped the sand out of our socks and got changed to go cool off in some water.
We've been visiting Three Falls for the last 3 years. My kids love to go play in the river and catch baby frogs. They always go right to their favorite spot and spend the afternoon swimming and playing and laughing. I love the memories we are making on days like this. Toquerville is such a great place to visit, and there is so much to do. I love that they have such active grandparents that take them on such adventures. Both in Toquerville and up north, my kids are definitely blessed in the grandparent department.
Last year when we were down, Dianne made popcorn balls. Ally has talked about her yummy popcorn balls all year, and she was so excited that grandma let her help make them this time.
We made a few stops on the way home. Braylen is buried in Cedar City, and the kids haven't ever been to see his headstone. They have great memories of Braylen, he was such a good friend to them and always such a sweet kid. We also stopped for lunch at the Pizza Factory. Before the restaurant came up north, we fell in love with it first down in Cedar City years ago. And no trip is complete without stopping in Beaver for ice cream and squeaky cheese. We stopped so much, it took us forever to get home, and we were right in rush hour traffic. But with my kids, even traffic is fun. Love you guys, on to our next summer adventure. I love summer vacation!!




No comments:
Post a Comment