Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day

 My breakfast in bed this year was French toast and fried eggs with apple juice.  The kids joined me on my bed and we had fun eating breakfast and going through the blog books to see how past mothers days have compared.  I love that they make me breakfast in bed every year, part of the entertainment is listening to them down in the kitchen talk and fight about how to do things and they always yell at each other "that is wrong, that is not how mom does it".  I need to take advantage of these younger years when they are so impressionable and teach them more than how to make breakfast.  The past few years we've been able to enjoy dinner outside and the kids played in the water.  Not this year, it was a cold windy mothers day, we did manage to get in one little walk outside, but it was too chilly to go too far.  We still had ice cream for dessert, it doesn't matter how cold it is, ice cream is always yummy!
 I thought they were downstairs cleaning the kitchen, but Owen had started a water fight.  They had a great time, which just led to more cleaning for them and a really clean kitchen for me.  It didn't just stay in the kitchen though, the bathrooms got their fair share of water all over as well.  They were shocked when I just came took some pictures and turned around to leave.  I could've stopped it, but they were having a great time and they cleaned it up so no harm. 

No comments: