Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hogle Zoo

Salt Lake was our destination again today.  We spent the day at the zoo.  Mom and Colin have a season pass and we tagged along with them.  We love the zoo, yes, even me who doesn't like animals enjoys a day at the zoo.  I think it is more a day spent with my family, but the animals are fun to look at. 
 Gator loves the zebras, she is so glad they are back in the new exhibit. 
 Davis caught the lions playing.  Well, it looked to me they were fighting, but I guess this is how they play.  I know my boys would consider their fighting play as well if I let them.  I suppose it is just a difference of opinions. 
 Again more siblings playing/fighting.  I think the one in the water was just trying to pull the other one in.
 There is now a splash pad at the zoo.  Today was the perfect day to walk around the zoo, because it was cool and overcast the whole day.  But that wasn't really the perfect day to get wet, but if there is water involved not much can stop Ally from jumping in. 
 All day long, Davis was begging to go in the reptile house.  I know I could've just used these little snakes and lizards as babysitters and left Davis there all day and came back hours later and Davis would still have been there happily visiting with his little friends. 
 Pre bird show, pre me getting smacked across the face by a golden eagle as he flew from one side of the theater to the other. 
 This gorilla is Husani, and he was not a happy gorilla today.  He grabbed his barrel and started tapping on it and the zoo worker informed us this was his way of saying "back off".  I guess he was getting agitated, but we didn't get much time to back away from the glass before he threw that barrel and came running at the glass yelling and pounding on it.  That was freaky and got our hearts pounding.  The workers decided it was time for some outside play after that and moved him outside.  We were told that the gorilla next to him teases him and they don't like each other and I guess he had enough of Tino (the other gorilla) and that was his reaction.  Now that is more like siblings, I see my boys teasing and reacting in such a manner every day.  They just don't have the protection of glass in between them. 
 Still my favorite part of the zoo.  I love the polar bear and seals.

No comments: