Today the kids and I went hiking. After going up waterfall canyon over spring break, and getting snowed on, we wanted to go back up there and see the waterfall not completely frozen. What a beautiful day for a hike, a little on the warm side, but it is summer after all. The second half of the hike is all in the shade, so the hot sun didn't matter at that point. It's a pretty tough hike, but we made it. I wondered at times if I would, but I never doubted the kids, they did awesome. The second we were up to the top, I took my shoes off and soaked my feet in the water, it felt so good. The kids don't appreciate the beauty of it all, once we got up there and ate our lunch they were anxious to get back down. I'm pretty sure it was because we were taking a trip to Zeppes after we were done though.
"Wow, mom I can make a big wish with this one!"
And what got us through the tough hike, the thought of a Zeppes gelato. Yummy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment