Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer is great!

This afternoon we met up with Krissy and Andrea to play at the park and have lunch.  It was just Gator and I today.  The boys are working for Grandpa Jones today and tomorrow.  I am having a hard time this summer sharing my boys.  I knew it would be like this as they got older, but I hate that they are busy with sports and working and I don't get them all to myself to play with.  I love the times we are all together, and days like today I feel a little sad without them.  But,  I'm so grateful for the many things that they are getting to do and everything they are learning.  They are growing up to be strong and amazing and hard workers and I love their passion for whatever they do.  These little rugrats had a great time today.  I love watching my kids play with their cousins, it brings back memories from when I was little and the things that my siblings and I would come up with when we were with our cousins. 
 The park was so hot, but we could hear the sound of cool water from the river and we were drawn to the edge of the park where shade and water were waiting.  The shoes came off and kids were scattering fast.  They knew just what to do and I joined them!  They spent a good hour and a half in the water until it was time to leave. 
 Connor and Parker came home with Ally to play a little longer.  They were out back and found this bird that was injured.  They wanted so badly to nurse it back to health, but they were a little too late finding the little thing and sadly it passed away.  It was loved at the end of it's life and even died with a name of Cutie Patootie Sparkle Stewart. 
 Frankie visited tonight and took Gator and I out on a date.  The milkshakes were tasty!!

No comments: