Last night Owen and Davis went to a haunted house with some friends. Owen went to this same one last week and Davis had been wanting to go, so they got a few together and went to Tooele for the evening. Gator and I were watching a movie and Owen had just barely sent me a text saying they were having an awesome time, but they were just leaving to come home. Not even a minute later, I got another text that made me sick to my stomach. His text said, we just got slammed by a car mom, it's bad. I stared at my phone, not knowing what to do. Owen called me right then and sounded out of breath and just kept saying I'm okay, I 'm okay. As I was listening to what was going on in the background I felt a little dizzy, but I grabbed my keys and Gator and I headed to Tooele. I kept talking to Owen until he had to leave to go check on Davis and fill out police reports. Davis was in a little shock and scaring Owen the way he was acting, but by the time I got there he was fine, just sore. I looked around and they told me what happened and I couldn't believe they were there right next to me and not in the ambulance or at the hospital. They had been going 65 mph through a light and a van turned left in front of them hitting right on Owens side. Davis was right behind him and a friend was in the passenger seat. The impact pushed them off the road and over a powerbox, knocking out all the power, and down into a ditch. We stayed around for awhile because we couldn't get to the car because the powerbox was live still and they were waiting for the power company to come out before they could get the car out. After another hour or so, we were finally able to get some stuff out of the car and we WALKED away. How, besides a miracle, after that accident did my boys just walk away? And all they were complaining about was they were hungry. At midnight I took them to McDonalds, and I would do that every night of my life just because it means they are still here with me to take to McDonalds at midnight. I prayed the whole way to Tooele and home again, thanking my Heavenly Father I still had my boys with me. The car will most likely be totaled which is a big bummer. It is worth alot more to us then it's value. It was a great car and I had just bought tires for it 2 days earlier. It was paid off and still ran great and it was Owens first car. I'm not sure what we will do now about a car for him, we won't be able to replace it with what the insurance will pay for it, but again I don't care. We will figure all that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment