Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sports and things

We are coming to an end of football and soccer season.  Crazy to think how something that takes up so much of our time for so long coming to an end, but that is how life works.  And we always find a way to fill up the time.  Gator has a few more soccer games for the fall season, but basketball is already in full swing.  Davis's first season of Fremont football is winding down with his last game next week, and Owen's last season as a Fremont Silverwolf is creeping up.  He bought a little time though as his team won their way into the playoffs Friday night.  He doesn't want this time to end.  I've posted a lot of pictures of the kids and their sports, but I'm just going to keep on posting them because it's what they love.  And even though it causes me great anxiety, I'm addicted to watching them play.  I get through the anxiety with taking pictures, I hide behind my camera I admit that, but I catch some good moments.  Fremont needed a couple more yards to get a a 1st down, so they counted on Davis's strentgh as he pushed right up the middle and the QB followed for the 1st down. 
 Each home game the team is led onto the field by some little league teams in the area.  Owen has been so cute with these younger players.  He said when they are out there with them, they are on the team.  I laugh as Owen is surrounded by these kids and he breaks away from his pregame routine to give them high 5's and to cheer them on in their own season. 
 The boys usually go hang out with friends on the weekends.  Gator sometimes has plans as well leaving me home thinking I won't like my future very much as they keep growing up and move out.  Last weekend, we crafted.  I don't craft too often, but Gator loves it. 
Owen is taking a cooking class this semester.  There are quite a few home assignments, and in true Owen fashion he leaves them all until right before the due date, so we spent all weekend cooking and still have a couple more.  I hope he's learning how to cook for himself though, because it's coming time for that very soon.  (Boo)
 The first choir season of the year is done.  Davis has sang in the concert choir for his 8th grade and now 9th grade year.  He was also asked to participate in the Honors Choir.  Again, another thing that is just a born with talent because I can't sing worth crap.  I'm glad he enjoys it though, it adds a little "culture" side to his rough and tough football/basketball side. 
A couple more basketball pics of my awesome little left handed (don't know where that came from, but it's only when she plays basketball) defender.  She doesn't let anyone get past her. 
A few pictures from Davis's game this week against Clearfield.  It got intense after the defense had a hard time holding onto a  25 to 6 lead, but luckily time ran out and we won 25 to 18. 
Friday night was Senior night.  Owens last football on the Fremont field.  I wanted to just sit on the field and cry. 
Hooper has a really fun event every Halloween.  Some friends went with Gator and I.  She even went in a haunted house, but hated every second of it.   She wanted to be a girl shadow, so this is what we came up with.  I think she does a good job with her costumes every year. 
 

No comments: