Saturday, October 28, 2017

Lots of tears

Last night Owen played his last game as a Fremont Silverwolf.  It hit me hard, I hadn't even thought about it until he ran onto the field and played his last snap and it was done.  We were all crying, football is his life and I love watching him play.  Especially tonight, how in the world was he able to play football not even 24 hours after that car accident.  He is crazy sore, but no way he was not going to play with his team one more time.  The whole bus ride home he kept texting me.  He was having flashbacks from the accident, and he just kept asking "how was I able to play tonight?"  He's right, it's a miracle and I'm glad he recognizes this blessing. 
 His last play, he sent that kid flying!!
 One of his best friends.  Jake told Owen he had been avoiding him all night, because he knew he would cry when he saw him. 
And equally amazing, Davis was able to play basketball this morning.  He didn't know if he felt well enough to play, but last minute he decided to go.  He is so excited that it is basketball season!  He loves basketball.  His team members felt it was more important to go hunting I guess because they played with 3 players and the coaches 6th grade son.  Another player showed up at half time, but they were exhausted.  But they played amazing. 
It was a busy game day.  Gator had a soccer game then changed her shoes and jersey in the car and went and played basketball.  What will I do when my kids are all grown and I don't have all these games to go to?  I'll sit and cry and feel sorry for myself. 
 

No comments: