Tuesday, August 21, 2018

10th, 5th, and 3 weeks

Our schedule changed this year.  I have always gone to work at the same time as Gator starts school, 8:30.  I knew that I wanted the earlier shift when she started Jr High so I could just go in at the same time as I took her to school.  That 7:15 shift came open this year and I figured I better snag it now while it was available so that means Gator is alone for an hour in the morning.  Today she was nervous, but I think she will come to enjoy the hour of quiet time and she can get her reading done in the morning.  So I wake her up at 6:30 to get her ready for school, then set an alarm for when she has to go out to the bus, today to help her smile I teased her that she was the one sending me off to school this year.  I'm glad she didn't decide to take the day off and go back to bed.  Davis has to be out the door at the same time as he was just getting out of bed last year.  This kid is my sleeper.  He loves to stay up late and sleep all day if he could, so school mornings just about kill him.  He's got some long days with school and football practice, so we'll see how late he still wants to stay up tonight when he finally gets home.  He needs a great year this year, Jr High is not a good time, but he is excited to be in High School.  I'm just sad not having any one with me at the Jr High anymore.  I've got some friends with kids there, I'll have to be their school mom.  Owen is still working this week, plus he's helping coach the Jr High football team.  But he doesn't have to be to work until later, so he gets to sleep in this week.  I love seeing him at work at least, but he will be quitting at the end of the week.  He wants to take the 2 weeks before he leaves to finish up getting ready for his mission and do some reading and studying.  I am praying for a happy, successful year for these amazing kids!!
(He may or may not have been saying "mom, you are such a dork.  I'm not going to hold up 10 fingers to represent 10th grade.) 

No comments: