Sunday, August 26, 2018

Farewell

Owen still has 2 1/2 weeks, but with fast Sunday and stake conference we had to do his farewell today.  It worked out perfect, we got everything done in this week and now we have the rest of the time to chill and just hang out together (in theory).  A few weeks ago Owen was at the farewell of a friend and he texted me and told me I couldn't cry because than he would cry and it would just get ugly.  I must say I did really good... until he started to talk anyway.  Who on earth would give a missionary the topic of honoring your mother.  A mom is already sad about her son leaving, then when the talk is about her?  Ya, so my promise of not crying went down the drain.  Owen gave an amazing talk.  I know Owen is a great kid, but his composure and ability to address the congregation even blew me away.  He was so grown up and talked with such authority in a calming and confidant way.  He is going to be a fantastic missionary!  I am so excited for him, still sad and nervous, but so excited.  We took a ton of pictures, but I can't put all of them on here, I'll save them for his book.  I just want Owen to know he's got a huge crowd at home cheering him on and praying for him.  

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

You've had quite the week, but I'm glad it's gone pretty well. I know Owen is going to be an amazing missionary.