Sunday, December 23, 2018

First Attempt

Davis loves skiing.  Since 5th grade he has been a number of times each winter.  Gator has always wanted to give it a try, I just haven't been able to get her out there.  But this year I knew would be the year.  Ski Utah has a 5th grade pass and it is an awesome deal, so I got the pass and a season rental and we were just waiting for snow.  Davis went skiing today, after church Owen and I drove her up to Basin to just try the skis out on a back trail not the resort.  It was a nightmare.  She cried the whole time that her feet hurt and that she couldn't ski.  Owen just laughed at her (I may or may not have let a few laughs out as well, I'm sorry Gator, but the drama was just too much) and I didn't know how to help her.  Luckily Davis and his buddy were done at the resort, and they came down to give her a few tips.  It was awesome to watch Davis actually help her and encourage her.  The afternoon ended much better than it started and she was smiling instead of crying. 

No comments: