Sunday, December 30, 2018

Much better!!

Carrie took Gator skiing this weekend.  The day started off much the same as last week, with her in tears and just hating every second of the experience.  Finally I listened to her and her cries of her feet hurting and went and rented another pair of boots.  The difference was unreal.  She put the pair on that actually fit her and she was laughing and smiling the rest of the day, and I couldn't get her to eat or leave when it was time to go.  I felt terrible, but I remember how uncomfortable ski boots are and I just didn't believe that her fit had grown so much from November when we got the rental until now.  But I was so so wrong, and I'm sorry Gator.  Even though we went to Nordic, Davis still took a day off of Basin and came with us.  It was so fun to watch him do his thing.  He usually rides the bus up, but it was fun to watch him this time.   The girls came along as well, even though I know their hearts are always on a sunny Hawaiian beach, they had fun too, and I loved spending the day watching everyone ski.  I was content to watch, I used to ski, but the thought of it terrifies me now.  So I held poles, jackets, and gloves.  I took pictures, and I got lunch ready.  All things I can safely do on my feet, not killing myself skiing down a mountain. 

No comments: