Sunday, July 5, 2020

4th of July

Just like everything else this year, all the 4th of July festivities were cancelled.  How on earth do you cancel the 4th of July??  We planned our own.  It was sure a different year, but we had just as much fun celebrating.  We found a company that still wanted to do business and rented a big waterslide, had dinner, and fireworks.  It was actually kinda nice because we didn't have to deal with crowds and traffic.  I like the 4th of July, but it is such a busy and hot holiday.  I think I prefer how it was this year.  Although I did miss the parade (never thought I'd say that) and the big firework show.  So many people left town, the mountains and freeways had all the crowds and Layton was dead.   Driving home from Layton was amazing, so many fireworks.  Without the big shows this year, I am sure the firework stands had a huge boom in business, there were fireworks going off all night long. 
 Yes Lu, I feel the exact same way sometimes about my boys.  I feel your pain. 
 Thanks to Dallin and Tyler we had a pretty good show. 
 Before they left for the evening to hang out with friends, they had to show us how dumb they can be.  And I got some perfect pictures.  Owen standing looking all dumb and innocent while Davis lights one firework with another one.......
Seeing who can get closer to a lit firework.  The argument went on all evening who was closer.  
 Andrea brought some adult pop its.  So of course Owen and Davis think it would be a good idea to throw them at each other.  I can't say anything though, because I was just taking pictures. 
 I just shake my head and go on with my day.  The 4th of July is their favorite holiday along with Halloween.   I call this combining the two and "dressing up" for the 4th, they just say it's Merica!!!
 I actually get pictures now that Owen is with Kylee because she wants to take pictures, and Owen can't tell her no. 

No comments: