Saturday, October 17, 2020

Halloween Havoc Derby

 I'm not exactly sure what made us decide to go to our first demolition derby a few years ago, but we love them.  They are pretty "Redneck", but it is my guilty pleasure I guess.  With Covid, the Weber County fair didn't happen this year, so there was no derby.  I was bummed, but then I started seeing this Halloween Havoc derby advertised.  I splurged and bought tickets for us to go tonight.  Speaking of Redneck, the derby tonight turned into a wedding.  Seriously, I thought they were kidding, but a couple really got married right out in the dirt arena.  They had met at a derby a few years ago, and they surprised her dad by getting married.  I couldn't believe it, but they had a beautiful sunset at least.  They drove around the arena in a trashed derby car, and then the derby continued on with cars crashing, parts flying, and fires starting. 

They are mighty proud of their mustaches. 
It's beanie and blanket weather!!


No comments: