Sunday, May 16, 2021

A flood and family pictures

 I have been planning family pictures for over a month.  It isn't easy to get everyone together, but my co-worker is a photographer and she was so nice to work with our schedule.  Today was the day, but Mother Nature had a different idea.  Around 2:00 a storm blew in and brought flash flooding and major thunder along with it.  Any other day, I would love such an amazing storm, but not on family picture day (but of course I still went out and played in it).  My friend said let's watch it and see what to do.  At 4:00 the rain finally stopped and we were scheduled for 6:30.  Driving to the location, the rain started again, and I felt so hypocritical for cussing out the rain.  Right up until we got to the field we had planned on, it was raining, then all of a sudden it just stopped.  We had a perfect hour and my friend edited some already and sent them to me.  I love how the pictures are turning out and I can't wait to see the rest.   After we got home it started raining again, and I was totally okay with that.  

That little hill is not normally there.  The rain lifted up the ground and made a big bubble.  

No comments: