Friday, May 28, 2021

Last Day of School

The last day of school this year feels like a big accomplishment.  We got to take off the stupid masks for the last week of school, I was quarantined three times for what I think was absolutely no reason, one way hallways, no assemblies or field trips, social distancing, and a whole slew of new vocabulary words/phrases that I will happily never use again, but we are now on summer vacation and it seems Covid is finally on it's way out.  We have a busy summer with moving, wedding, my school, house sitting, and work, but we are happy to not have work/school at Rocky for 3 months!  Gator adjusted to Jr High well enough.  Her grades were fantastic, but she does not like the atmosphere at all, and I don't blame her one bit.  She seeks refuge in my classroom and we will gladly take her, my students love her.  Great job on your 7th grade year Gator, I love having you at school with me everyday.  
I've worked with Leslie since I started 8 years ago, she has worked there for 18 years and she is retiring.  I am the top of the totem pole now as far as years in the classroom now.  I've worked with some awesome people at Rocky over the years, I do think that this group has worked together the best though.  It is really fun to go to work, but I am still glad it is summer break. 
Gator wanted a 4.0 all year, and she was so close every quarter with a 3.95, but last quarter she got that 4.0!  Her and I went to lunch to celebrate her hard work and the last day of school.  
We also went to a movie.  Her and Blake have been waiting a long long time for this movie (A Quiet Place Two), but with Covid it was postponed over and over again.  Finally they are releasing new movies and allowing people back in the theaters.  I was fine sending these 2 to the movie, it was one that I didn't care to see because it is a scary movie.  Rachelle said she wanted to see it too, and I didn't want to be left out, so we crashed their party and went with them.  It was actually pretty good until the end.  It was left wide open for another sequel and I'm going to have to see the dang thing and get scared again.  
The pool at the apartment wasn't open last year.  They wouldn't have been able to open it anyway because of Covid, so they took the year to remodel the whole pool area.  It is really nice, but we are moving.  We have a month to enjoy the pool, so the day they opened it was today, Gator and a couple of friends were there even though it was only about 72 degrees.  They had summer vacation to start and they wanted to start it off with swimming!


No comments: