This is my kids' favorite holiday. I really like the festivities of the 4th, but I dread the heat every year. Owen & Kylee have been staying in Idaho the last couple of years, and Davis & Kin usually have plans with friends. It is hard with the family all growing up. Our group changes every year, but we are grateful for the time we get to spend with everyone that is able to come around. This year, Owen & Kylee spent the day in Idaho, fishing, then they came down for dinner and fireworks, so that was awesome to have fun with them. Gator & I went to the parade, and then over to Josh & Rachelle's with a few that wanted to play in the water. It felt good to cool off in the middle of the day. We then went home to check on Willow, get supplies, and meet with Owen & Kylee then we headed back to Layton for dinner and fireworks. Gator is super sensitive to tradition and had a hard time sitting around with her cousins, thinking of others that weren't there, and knowing next year, she will be graduated and on to a new phase of life herself. Okay, I can't start all the "my baby is a senior" talk already. The emotions have already started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment