This young man will do anything to not go to bed at night. And that in turn makes mornings next to impossible with him. But that is not what had me laughing tonight (or ever for that matter). I sing him his song, we read his scripture for the night, and I turn on his music, then I say good night and I go in my room. For the next few minutes we have a conversation by talking across the hall, him in his room and me in mine. Tonight I thought he might be asleep because I hadn't heard from him in a few minutes and then his little voice
Davis: "mom"
Me: "goodnight Davis, I love you"
Davis: "can I change my name?"
Me: "I don't know Davis, what do you want your name to be?"
Davis: "Just my middle name"
Me: "To what"
Davis: "I like Alexander. Davis Alexander sounds nice, don't you think mom?"
Holding my laughter back, and to end the conversation so he would go to bed, I told him it was a long process and he would have to go to court to change his name. That was the wrong thing to say, because it started a whole conversation on court, and if I had ever been, and if the judge had a mallet,and how high the chair was. WHAT!! Davis go to bed. I know this is one of those things I will want back when he is grown and out of the house, our nightly conversations about name changes and court from across the hall. I love you D Stew!!
2 comments:
Sounds like a politican in the making to me! These are choice times to always remember. I hope you have a very nice Mother's Day.., I love you and your family very much. Thanks for being a great mother and wonderful daughter.
Too funny! Ethan decided that when he was 5 he was allowed to change his name and his favorite color. He told EVERYONE that he was doing this. Sure enough, when he turned 5 his new color was orange and his name was then Jake. It lasted for quite some time--kinda scary! :) He is almost 8 and his cousins still frequently call him Jake!
Post a Comment