Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pigskin Tournament & Vegas Weekend

We spent Thanksgiving in Vegas this year watching Davis play football.  Although I love watching my kids play sports and I love vacation with my kids, I missed Thanksgiving.  Jack in the Box just didn't quite taste the same as turkey dinner.  Vegas is entertaining, it's never a dull moment.  We could've just hung out in the hotel and had a great time.  We met some interesting people as well this weekend.  But we didn't go to Vegas just for a vacation, we went for Davis's team to play in the Pigskin Tournament and they did awesome.  So now football season is officially over.  He had a fantastic season, but I think Davis is ready for a football break. 
 
The kids on Thanksgiving morning, exploring the hotel grounds. 
 Ally skipping the football game for some fun on the playground.
 The boys decided they want to move to Vegas, look at the beautiful blue skies and palm trees.  It was very nice weather the whole time we were there, but I reminded them if we moved no more sledding or playing in the snow.  They decided they like the 4 seasons we get in Utah. 
 Taking a break from football to enjoy the pool.  Although it was warmer in Vegas, it still wasn't very warm for an outdoor pool in November.  They spent most of their time relaxing in the hot tub. 
 We braved the Strip on Thursday night.  I am so not a fan of Vegas, but there are a few things that are fun for the kids to see. 
 What we came for....some football. 
 Davis's team took 2nd place.  I wonder what the coach will do with this trophy.  The boys thought this was the coolest thing ever. 
 Like a shopper on Black Friday, Gator had her face pressed against the gate waiting for the pool to open.  Don't they know this was the whole reason she thinks we went to Vegas, so she could swim?!?
 On the way home we stopped in Toquerville to visit dad and Dianne.  We have been dying to me their new puppy Izzy.  We found out that her favorite chew toy were Gator's pigtails. 
 Gator said she counted all the McDonalds in Vegas.  She counted 93, I think that is a little exaggeration, but not far off.  They were everywhere!!
 After the game, Davis was given an MVP award.  The refs gave these awards to a few boys on the field that they said played outstanding and did something they really noticed.  Great job D Stew!!
 The cat in our hotel. 
 After a few days in the sun playing football, icecream was very much needed!

No comments: