Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Weekend

Our weekend was packed full of family and fun, it was a great way to start the summer.  On Saturday, we went to the park where Grace was signing her LOI to play college volleyball.  We got to meet her coaches and share in the excitement that she has worked so hard for.  I actually didn't take many pictures of the night, because sometimes I just think I take too many, but then I regret not getting my camera out.  Livia did ask me to take one of her and Gator with her phone playing with the balloons.  So these two are all of I have of the evening.  After the park, the kids and I went to visit mom and Colin and watch a movie with them, and then up to Carrie's and Wayne's for more visiting and more food.   
Sunday evening, we had dinner outside and pulled the TV out of the garage for a movie night.  We were so comfortable on the air mattresses that we fell asleep and spent most the night outside.  From about 1-3 am it got a little crazy with a couple accidents and a head ache, but it felt nice to be back inside in my bed.  That dang TV that Owen and his friends pushed home a few years ago, has been so fun to have outside.  I was bugged that they felt the need to take up the offer on a free TV they found just sitting on a sidewalk, but we use it and the story behind it is a fun memory as well. 
This morning we went to the cemetery and spent some time remembering grandma Johns and Aunt Bev.  I couldn't believe it when I looked at Aunt Bev's headstone and realized it has almost been 6 years since she passed away.  But then Gator was just a baby, so that makes sense, it is just crazy.   I've always really liked Memorial Day and I have fun memories from being a kid and spending the day in Brigham City with my cousins.  I hope my kids remember our loved ones and the fun times we've had around them even after they have passed. 
 The girls had fun blowing the pinwheels that had been placed on graves. 
Krissy and PJ, mom and Colin and Sheila took my kids along with them to a movie while I stayed back and did some laundry at Sheila's after a washing machine explosion at our house this morning.  We are so blessed with such great family who helps and loves my kids.  After the movie, we went to Krissy and PJ's for a BBQ.  The evening was coming to an end when PJ brought out some water balloons and a water fight broke out among the kids.  They had a great time cooling off, cause the summer sun was warm today!  Now that was a fun packed Memorial Weekend.