Another school year has come to an end. And the kids were all up early to celebrate. Gator is done with kindergarten, and I'm pretty sure she would love to still go to school every day all summer. It took me a long time to get her out of the school today. She learned to count to 100+ and loves numbers. She is always writing numbers and counting everything. Along with counting they began addition and subtraction. She began reading, she gets frustrated with herself easily, but we keep practicing and she will be a pro soon. Her favorite was probably Art, she has a very creative little mind and she loves to write stories and draw pictures. Gator is a very social little girl and loves playing with her friends. The second she came home from school she was asking for a friend every day. She met her new teacher for next year, and is so excited to be in first grade.
Davis....look how he has changed. Probably the most out of the 3 of them. He has slimmed down and looks so much older. I can't believe he will be in the 6th grade. Poor kid got my emotions, and he cries when the school year ends and he has to say good bye to his teacher and class. He is a very passionate kid, and puts his all into what he does and wants it to be right. He found out he enjoys skiing this year. The 5th grade got the chance to go skiing and he had never been before. He would love to be able to go more next winter. Davis is really good at math and did great learning about fractions. Multiplying, dividing, adding subtracting fractions he was good at all of it. In 5th grade, they really wrote a lot of papers. Davis wasn't a big fan of writing, but he stuck to it and actually got pretty good at writing those papers. He did enjoy science and learning about electricity and magnetism and volcanos and earth quakes. He likes school, but he is excited for summer vacation. Owen had a great 8th grade year. He made the football team, which went to the district championship. He had to learn some tough lessons, but I hope he learned from them and will use it to his advantage. He also was one of only 5 eighth graders to make the basketball team. He made great improvements in his game and with his team won the district championship. He learned he didn't enjoy track too much, and probably won't pursue that next year. Owen made concert choir for next year and will also be a peer leader. I saw a wonderful side of Owen this year, as I started working with the special ed kids. His teachers have always told me how sweet and friendly he was to everyone, but I was amazed as he interacted with my students. Friendships was one of the tough lessons he learned this year. I hope he is strong in who he is and he will find some great friends. This is a hard age on kids and it is hard on moms too. He ended the year with a 3.85 GPA. Awesome Owen!!
Gator wanted a picture of her and her teacher. She has loved Mrs. Brenchley and she helped Gator have an amazing kindergarten year, I hope her love for school continues.
Gator brought this home the other day, and oh my goodness I started to cry just cause it is so cute!
Davis has one more year at the elementary (which don't mention that to him, he is feeling sad that his time at Kanesville is coming to an end) but his first grade teacher isn't coming back next year. When we found out who his 6th grade teacher will be, I took his picture with all his teachers while at Kanesville so we didn't miss his first grade teacher in the picture. He has had fabulous teachers, and we love them all. I can say that already about his teacher next year, because she is moving up to 6th grade from 5th grade science, so Davis already knows her and is really excited to have her in 6th grade.
Owen received a hand full of awards. Football, basketball, track, high honor roll 3 quarters, honor roll 1 quarter, U.S. History, and peer leader. He amazes me how he can keep up with so much on his plate. As he gets older, I hope he still desires to stay busy with productive activities and keep his grades up. He will accomplish a lot in life.
Now to play and have a fun fun summer with these fantastically awesome kids. I am so excited to hang out with them!!





1 comment:
What a fun school memory lane post, can't hardly believe the year has come and gone so quickly.
Post a Comment