Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fun Fourth

I've decided the worst part of a holiday is I take way too many pictures.  I always spend hours deciding which ones to post.   I don't want to leave any out.  Another great 4th of July has come and gone.  We never stray too far from our routine, but it's a great routine and it works really good for us. 
Dave and Sheila make sure we all start the busy day out with a full stomach and prepare a delicious breakfast. 
After breakfast, we hurry to Layton for the parade.  It is so nice that we can just park in mom's driveway and not deal with traffic and closed roads.  This year has been a HOT one so far and yesterday was no different.  We roasted watching the parade, but we took lots of water and shade along and Smith's handed out popsicles. 
Grandma and Grandpa Jones provide some holiday fun with a family parade and BBQ.  Grandpa Jones got a new grill this year, and cooked up some yummy burgers. 
And after we are all exhausted and melted, we end back up in Layton for the fireworks.  This is my favorite part of the 4th of July.  We just relax and visit and have snacks while the kids light off some fireworks.  It is a good way to end a hectic, hot, fun holiday!

 

No comments: