Monday, March 6, 2017

Never say Never

I always said I would never own a reptile.  Well, Davis turned 9 and that is exactly what he got for his birthday.  Five years later and he still has Blaze down in his room.  The thing doesn't like crickets, but he downs worms like there is no tomorrow. 
But I was positive I would never own a rodent.  I didn't want a rodent far more than I didn't want a reptile.  No way!  I even said no a few times over the years to Gator as she begged for a mouse or a hamster.  Then she turns 9 and look what she got. 
The Petsmart gift card got cashed in today.  She is so excited and I have to admit it was kinda cute having this thing run all over the house in it's excercise ball today.  I don't worry about having a hamster at all, Gator is excellent at taking care of everyone else's pets, so I have full confidence that she will be excellent in taking care of her own pet. 

No comments: