I remember a 4th of July that was cloudy and cool. It was fabulous to sit and watch the parade in the cool weather. Every year I wish we would have another cool spell on the 4th of July, but this year like all the others I remember was not that year. It was HOT today. I am just not a person that loves the heat. But in spite of the miseable 100+ degree temperatures, it was a fun day. We spent the day in Layton. This year was different with Grandma Jones having passed away and also Owen wanted to spend a lot of the day with friends. So we made it work and still had a fun memorable holiday. The Plain City parade was early so Owen went out there, then made it to Layton for that parade. After we had a bbq at Colins with lots of yummy food and family. After lunch lots of people went to the carnival over at the park, Owen went to swim with friends. I was worried about Davis and the heat and activity so Clark, him and I went to Stewarts to rest in the air conditioned house. Thank you for taking Gator to the carnival! She has great aunts and uncles that include her in their fun. Stewarts had a dinner later so everyone came over for that, then we went to Layton for fireworks. At Colins, the kids had an Oreo and Pringle challenge. They all liked that, but there is no way I wanted to try some of those flavors. I just can't believe that a baked potato, pizza, or buffalo wing chip would be good. Even Oreo has some creative flavors, but I think I could've done that challenge more then the chips. We usually just sit on the lawn there and get out of the crowed before anyone else can get back to their cars, but as the kids get older they usually want to go up to the high school and get a closer look. I went with them this year, and oh man that short distance made a huge difference. It was amazing and beautiful even as we were showered with ash and paper from the fireworks. Davis just made sure to shield his eyes from flying debris.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment