Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Eye Update

A couple hours before Davis's accident, he ordered a new pair of snow skis.  He has been working and saved up the money to buy these all on his own. Today before we went to the doctor again, the skis were delivered.  That brought out a huge smile and tons of excitement in Davis.  I was happy to see the smile back.  The doctor brought even more good news.  Yes, there is still blood in his eye, but the steroids are being bumped up to hopefully resovle that.  The swelling is significantly less, which is just amazing.  Everything in the back of the eye looks pretty good considering the trauma his eye has had.  Best of all, his vision is coming back.  It is still extremely blurry, but it's improving and that is fantastic news!!  The doctor wants him sleeping in the chair still with the shield on to protect it while he sleeps and the help the blood resolve.  I guess rebleeding can be an issue 5-10 days after an eye injury.  The doctor says it's not way common, but it does happen, so let's do what we can to prevent it.  Davis is still on activity restrictions, just not quite as strict.  We go back to the doctor on Friday, hoping for some even more good news.  Prayers are amazing.  Davis has many people praying for him and we are seeing them work first hand and it is a pretty cool thing.  I hope Davis can see this testimony builder like I can, because I am very humbled and feel the Lords hand healing Davis. 
Gator is great at reminding me of Water Wednesday.  That is one day she won't let pass her by.  Since I didn't want to go too far from Davis at home, I called our neighbor and she was more then happy to let us take a dip in her pool.  Gator called a friend and Water Wednesday was planned.  She doesn't need much, just a pool and water and she is over the moon excited. 
 

No comments: