After the lake, I thought the kids had enough water. Why I ever thought that, especially with Gator I do not know. As we were getting settled into the condo, I looked out on the patio and there was Owen and Gabe in the hot tub. We made dinner and while we were cleaning up some of the kids found their way down to the pool. I was tired and sunburned, but I had fun watching from the shade and a chair. We visited while the kids swam.
Friday we woke up (for those of us that even went to sleep that night) at all different times. Ryan went for a bike ride, my boys had to go to Fremont for a football physical and to sell some of their fundraiser cards, Gator and I enjoyed a walk along a walkway behind the condo. As everyone started to emerge for the day, the boys got back and we decided to take a hike, just as it decided to rain. Luckily it didn't rain long and the clouds cleared to beautiful blue skies. Up at Powder Mountain, we've always hiked to an old crane. We showed everyone that trial, but the rope swing from the crane was gone, which was probably safer anyway. After the crane, we went on a trail called Paper Airplane. It was a perfect hike. Fairly short, fairly easy, and fairly shaded. It was so pretty with all the wildflowers and great views. Someone had built a steel sculpture of a paper airplane, hence the name of the trail, which was kinda cool. After the hike, we had some lunch at the condo, then of couse back to the pool until dinner.
The remainder of the weekend, we played games, visited, swam some more, watched movies, played outside, and ate. Everyone got along all weekend, which is always a plus especially with a big group. But everyone just enjoyed being together and relaxing.
















1 comment:
Sounds like a great little vacation for everyone!
Post a Comment