Saturday, June 10, 2023

Our Last Outing

 Tuesday was our last full day in San Diego.  We were exhausted and opted for a Trolley Tour of some key points of the city.  It felt good to relax and let someone else do the driving and navigating.  On the tour we saw a pirate ship that had been used in the movie The Pirates of the Caribbean.  I haven't seen the movies, but Lucy especially thought this was awesome.  The ship was pretty dang cool though.  We drove past a bar that was used in the movie Top Gun.  Again, I am not into that movie, but for the movie loving kids of Krissy's and PJ's this was a cool thing to see.  We drove over the Coronado Bay Bridge, which is a 2 mile bridge.  And when you cross the bridge you are in a different world.  One where the tiny homes are over 5 million dollars.  Definitely a ritzy place, but it was a cute town to see.   We drove by Petco stadium where the Padres play, Balboa Park, which I thought was just the zoo, but it was so much more, the Gaslamp Quarter (I was especially grateful to not be driving through this area), Little Italy, and some of Old Town where we saw beautiful Victorian houses, and went on a tour through the Mormon Battalion museum. We had dinner at the yummy Mexican restaurant again, and the guacamole was absolutely yummy!  

Coronado Bay Bridge
Top Gun bar
Petco Stadium
A few of the 5 million dollar homes in Coronado.  
The famous Coronado Hotel.  The tour guide rambled off a list of famous people who have stayed at the huge hotel, but I don't remember.  
Balboa Park.  It was a beautiful park, with lots of history, but the tour guide rambles through it so quickly that you really can't remember anything.  but it had some pretty buildings and statues.  
These were a few of the homes in the Victorian Village. 
After eating Mexican food for dinner, we had to walk around Old Town for a bit to help digest our food.  We went into a soda shop for root beer floats (I know not a great digestion tactic).  
On the trolley enjoying the ride instead of walking.  

No comments: