Friday, June 9, 2023

USS Midway and Old Town

 Sunday we went to tour the USS Midway.  It was really cool, but just like when we went to Alcatraz, I didn't last the whole tour without a panic attack.  We kept going down on the ship and it kept getting narrower and smaller and I just had to get back up and out to some fresh air.  Before the panic attack, it was a very somber experience learning about the ship and the men and women who have served and serve our country.  I feel a reverent feeling learning about these men and women, and I realize more and more I couldn't do it.   

After touring the ship, we went to Old Town.  This was right by the hotel, so we were able to park the cars and just walk.  We went in all the cool stores, saw a ton of neat souvenirs and handmade items, added many steps and miles of walking to our many from before, had ice cream, and oh my gosh, ate the yummiest Mexican Food for dinner.  I am a big Mexican food fan, so this was my favorite restaurant we ate at.  

No comments: