Thursday, August 3, 2023

Fun summer days

 School is starting in a couple of weeks, and we are still in play mode trying to fit in a few more fun days.  This week has been awesome with some huge monsoon rain storms.  I absolutely love summer rain storms.  We had planned on taking Brady and Zoie swimming today, but we chose an indoor activity instead.  I saw a new indoor playground had opened up in Roy and it looked right up Brady and Zoie's alley so that is where we went.  I am glad we went when it was new, because it was so clean and fun!  I am not sure how they will be able to keep a place like this clean, but for today it was perfect.  Even Gator and I got in and climbed around, went down slides and played in the ball pit.  After a couple of hours we were hungry and hot so we got lunch from Burger Bar and even though a huge dark cloud was forming in the sky, we took lunch to a park, making sure to go to one with a bowery, because that cloud looked very ominous.  No sooner did we get to the park and started eating under the bowery, the skies opened up and it poured.  Oh my gosh, it rained so hard.  Thunder, lightning, the whole awesome bit.  After about 30 minutes it stopped raining, and left behind some epic puddle jumping puddles.  Zoie was not a fan, but she humored me for a couple pictures.  Gator and Brady went home soaked.  I am so glad we have Brady and Zoie to hang out with, we have so much fun with them.  School is going to be so hard when our group is split in half between Rocky and Fremont this year.  

No comments: