Saturday, August 3, 2019

Grandpa Jones

Grandma and Grandpa Jones are together again.  I'm sure they are dancing and walking arm in arm like they did anytime they went anywhere.  I remember Grandpa Jones teasing me about three things.  The first one was when we went hunting, he made breakfast.  He always made the eggs sunnyside up.  And I just can't do that.  So I asked for my eggs not raw please.  He looked at me and told me he didn't know how to cook them any other way.  But he always cooked a fried one for me.  The second, Grandpa helped everyone with multiple house projects.  He took his time to do it right and would tease me that I wanted it done yesterday.   And the third he came over to our first home in Roy to help with something, I don't remember what, but he saw that I had a lock on the crawl space door.  He found that hilarious.  The joke was on me though in the West Haven house, because he was back over helping and I couldn't find the key to the crawlspace, so we had to hit the knob off with a hammer.  He just laughed at me.  

No comments: