Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Happy 19th Birthday!

18 was a rough year for Owen.  A lot of good things happened, but a lot of struggles came his way and our way.  Those struggles aren't over, they never will be, but I hope Owen is seeing the way to get through the struggles.  Owen is resilient, he will get down for all of about 5 minutes, then he faces his trial head on.  And in that body is a lot of room for determination and strength.   I love this kid way more than I ever thought possible when I was 21 and expecting my first child.  I never knew what motherhood was going to do to me or how I was going to handle it.  Owen came to me and I never looked back.  He was made for me.  All I can do is hope that one day he knows who he is, what he means to me, and that he has a Heavenly Father with big plans for him and that He along with me believe in him.  We went out to Zeppes last night because we knew that we had a busy day ahead of us with the first day of school, football, a viewing, and a birthday!  I made a treat to deliver at work, but Owen shared with me that he has a particular student that doesn't react well to birthday celebrations, so I left the treat for him at home on the cupboard.  I went to work, then hurried home to make some big jugs of lemonade to take out to Fremont to share with the team after practice.  August 20th is also national lemonade day.  One of Owens favorite drinks!  After football, we drove to Centerville for a viewing and stopped in Farmington on the way home for dinner.  Davis knows his brother and suggested RandR BBQ.  Oh, it was delicious.  It was a perfect place to have Owens birthday dinner!  And just may be a new favorite.  

No comments: