While things are still rough around here, we got some great news over the weekend that puts one stress to ease. Owen and I went to Pocatello for the ISU game on Saturday. I was nervous to see the coaches and hear what they would say. But seeing them in person calmed me down, and I could see some worries being lifted from Owen as well. They were shocked to see him walking and coming to a game so soon after this surgery. They were excited to see him, and said to start getting his name on housing waiting lists for fall! We were so scared that they were going to pull his scholarship after this injury, and after some of the texts, we felt it was a closed deal. So, he is going to rehab and get his strength back and go kill it on the football field next year. The game was pretty exciting too. ISU beat Portland State. I can barely stand it waiting to watch Owen play again. This morning he had a post op appointment, and Dr. Thomas was also very surprised to see the progress Owen has made in just 10 days. I think the mind is a very powerful thing, and if it is in the right place, all sorts of amazing things can happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment