Krissy called and invited us on an overnight road trip. The boys weren't too interested in going, so Gator and I joined them and had a really fun time. We drove through Pocatello to Bear World then spent the night in Idaho Falls. We drove home the scenic way today through Lava, Soda Springs, and Bear Lake. Bear World was a lot of fun. There are so many bears wondering around, and the cubs were so cute. I told the boys if there was a forever cub that would be our new pet. We ordered in for dinner and let the kids swim and relax. Today on the way home we were planning to stop in Lava to see some things, but it was so dang crowded because of the long weekend, so we drove on to Soda Springs and stopped to see the only captive geyser in the world. I'm not real sure what that means, but it was cool to see. A little smelly, but worth it. We were planning to stop in Bear Lake to splash a little in the water, but again, it was more crowded than I ever imagined. And oddly enough, everything lunch wise is closed on Sunday. I thought because it was a major tourist attraction, everything would be open. So the kids were starving and we figured it was in everyone's best interest to drive to Logan and get lunch instead of fighting the crowds for a little square inch of beach space. I was thrilled to see early signs of fall. It gave me hope that someday this stupid crazy insane heat will be over with for another year anyway. We had a lot of fun, and I'm so grateful we were invited along on their family trip. I love the memories that Gator can make with her cousins, even if they all got a little tired and snippy with each other. Just a little bit though, for the most part, everyone was laughing and happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment