Sunday, April 25, 2021

Tulip Festival and Hogle Zoo

 This weekend was so much fun.  I spent the whole weekend with my kids and I'm sad that it is Sunday evening and I should be doing homework, but instead, I am looking at pictures and thinking about the last couple of days.  I've always wanted to go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point, and I was going to go last spring, but then Covid canceled it.  So this year, I wasn't going to miss it.  I love pretty gardens and yards, I just am not a fan of gardening.  But I could look at pretty gardens all day long.  The tulips were beautiful.  Thanksgiving Point is an awesome place to go visit, I loved the lights at Christmas time, and now the tulips, I'm thinking someday I want to volunteer at Thanksgiving Point.  If I volunteer, I get in free to all the cool stuff.  

We also went to the zoo this weekend.  It is Owens spring break and I pinned him down for some fun.  He is actually home for a few weeks.  He will take his finals at home, and then he has to be back on June 7th for football.  But if he and Kylee find an apartment before that, he will go ahead and move back to Pocatello and find a part-time job.  I wanted to go to the zoo because they got a new polar bear and a baby gorilla, plus I just really like the zoo, and ultimately because I just really love spending time with my family no matter what we are doing.  
I also planned a family dinner for tonight.  I don't know why, but every single time I plan one it is cold and windy.  It was the same tonight as a storm is moving in for tomorrow.  The kids still had fun playing though and I love visiting.  It was just really cold, so we didn't stay too long.  Long enough to plan a camping trip for next month.  Summer break is coming!

No comments: