Tuesday, May 5, 2009
The boys' garden
Owen and Davis have been wanting to plant a garden. All I can remember from our huge garden when I was little was all the weeding we had to do. So I have been putting them off, but in primary they learned how the prophet has said to plant a garden. And the primary is having a zucchini growing contest. So (because I hate yard work so much) I gave them the front flowerbed to have their garden in. This gets me out of the work of planting flowers and it also gives them a space of their own. They planted the zucchini and also some carrots. We'll see what grows, the neighbors dog has taken a liking to the cool dirt and makes his resting spot right on top of the carrots! But the boys worked very hard, and they check on their garden daily.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome you're having a vegetable garden in your front flowerbed! It'll be exciting to see the garden grow! Good Luck boys!
Post a Comment