Sunday, May 24, 2020

Farmington Creek Trail aka car graveyard hike

Third time is the charm.  I've wanted to do this hike for awhile, but whenever I had it planned, I had to cancel it.  First because Davis had too much homework, and the the second time because Owen got stuck in the mud up in Logan while fishing.  We finally got it done though, and it was very worth it.  I pushed myself on this hike, but I'm so glad.  It was a beautiful hike and such a perfect day to go.  It was overcast most of the day, but when the sun did come out, it wasn't very hot.  Down by the waterfall was actually pretty chilly.  Speaking of down by the waterfall, I can't believe I didn't die.  It was a very steep climb down and there was a rope to use to climb down and up.  At first I told the kids no when I saw the climb and the rope, but they just slid down on the rock face instead.  I was watching from above, but I really wanted to go down, so I braved the rope.  I can't believe I did that.  And the way up, luckily Owen was behind me to catch me because I slid and it wouldn't have been good.  Besides the fear of dying in front of my kids, I'm so glad I went down because it was awesome.  And I'm so excited we were finally able to do this hike. 

No comments: