I never would have imagined this is how the last day of school would've turned out for us. Not being allowed to publicly go to school since March 13th was insane. Gator kept up pretty good with her online school work and her teacher did a Google Chat 3 times a week. Davis on the other hand, struggles with his school work anyway, leaving it all up to him to get done on time at home just wasn't a priority to him. I understand he did get a full time job, and he has really impressed me with his dedication to that, but we did fight about school a lot. And by miracle (and help from friends, me, and his teachers), he did pretty dang good. He finished his junior year, and will be a senior in the fall. I'm praying we are allowed back in the classrooms and back to football, and activities. Gator finished elementary school. That was hard on me, knowing that I now have no more kids in elementary school, but we are both excited to see each other at the Jr High in the fall, another reason we are hoping things continue to improve.



Seriously why can't my hair grow as fast as Davis's. And just because I like to take a trip down memory lane, all my kids on their first day of elementary, and their last.
We celebrated the last day of school and report cards tonight. Costa Vida for dinner and we took it to a trail where we could eat outside and Joey could swim all he wanted to.
As I said before this is what I will miss the most about the last couple of months. It was hard to find ways to stay entertained, but I am going to miss so much time spent with my kids doing simple things together without so much getting in the way. We definitely had busy lives, and I know that will return, but this time we were forced to stop, slow down, and be together will be one of my favorite memories. I know I stress a lot about the future, football, college, food, jobs, and what is going to happen, but I have loved this part.
No comments:
Post a Comment