Sunday, June 25, 2017

Bird Babies

I've become very attached to the little babies outside in my tree.  I check on them all day long and I love watching them grow.  I've made a few comparisons to my own kids, that tells me I'm spending too much time with these birds.  For the first few days any movement to the nest at all woke them all up thinking they were going to get fed and they all stuck up their heads and opened their mouths thinking the mom was going to feed them.  I laugh because this is just like my kids.  "What is there to eat mom", "I'm hungry", "feed me"!!  This morning I was actually crying over these babies.  Their eyes are open, their baby fluff is gone, and they have feathers.  The little nest is getting crowded as they grow.  Soon they will fly away.  That just made me cry as I thought about Owen being a senior, Davis being in 9th grade, and Gator in 4th.  Our "nest" is getting crowded as my kids are growing and all too soon they will also fly away.  Clearly I have too much time on my hands and I'm going a little crazy crying over birds, but I'm a mom, I have every right. 
 

No comments: