Sunday, June 4, 2017

Summertime

Summertime is busy, but it is a fun busy.  I love my job and that I'm off all summer with my kids.  When I had to go back to work, I was so sad that I would miss out on so much with my kids, and this job gives me every single day with them.  That is so important to me, because free time is so limited this year.  Owen has a job, and is working so hard at getting into a college.  He is at football or basketball every single day.  Davis has a job this year and he is working out with Owen because he wants to play for Fremont this fall, and he has his basketball as well.  And of course they are always wanting to hang out with friends.  Gratefully, they will both leave time for me.  Time with my kids is as neccessary to me as air to breathe.  I am so thankful they are mine and I get to raise them.  All 3 are amazing people and I love to watch what they do, and have some fun together on the side.  Friday we went to the 25th Street car show.  We have been going for the last few years.  I don't know why I enjoy this so much , because cars are really the last thing that I care about, but it is a lot of fun to see all these cool cars. 
After the car show, we were hot and hungry.  Hamburgers, fries, and milk shakes took care of that problem. 
 Saturday Parker got baptized.  We went to the church for that, and got to see grandpa for a minute.  He came into town for the baptism.  After, we all went to the park for mudz, sudz, and fludz.  Oh my gosh that was hard to type.  I hate it when places spell things wrong to make a catchy slogan, big pet peeve.  Just spell it right.  But anyway, this was so much fun.  Layton City has a go out and play campain for the summer and this was the kick off for that.  We don't live in Layton, but when our whole family does, we can just blend in and join in the fun. 
 And last night, Carrie and Wayne had a big graduation party for Lu.  It was the perfect evening.  Low key, lots of visiting, and lot of yummy food.  It was an awesome party.  It won't be so awesome when it's Owen graduating next year, then it will just be sad. 

 

No comments: